WMA MEP/FP design services for the redevelopment of this historic landmark in Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood into a hospitality-focused, mixed-use project. The building at 1600 N Milwaukee Avenue was transformed into a boutique hotel consisting of sixty-seven guestrooms, twenty-four shared room hostel suites, a café, lounge, private event space, a diner, restaurant, basement bar, and rooftop lounge. The existing building is designated as a contributing building in the Milwaukee Avenue Landmark District and is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places. WMA also provided support services for the Class L Landmark Illinois Incentive Program.
Architect: Antunovich Associates