At WMA Consulting Engineers, our employees come to work with the sense that they are contributing to a better world. With a penchant for detail, an eye on the future, and a dedication to practical and sustainable design, our engineers are here to make a difference. We strive to create a work environment that is challenging, thought-provoking, and fun. If you’re interested in the built environment and how strategic engineering makes a difference in the world, we’d like to hear from you. WMA offers an environment that encourages learning, growth, and experience. Grow with us and see why we are one of the leading engineering firms in the Midwest!
The Senior Electrical Engineer will work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment with primary responsibility for the design of building electrical systems and production of electrical construction documents for high-rise, commercial, residential, and institutional projects. Responsibilities include design and specification of power distribution systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, drawing production, building information modeling (BIM), specification writing, discipline coordination, shop drawing and submittal reviews, construction site reviews, and code reviews for MEP systems. Responsibilities may also include the review of MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients, and working with others within the firm.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop electrical distribution system, fire alarm system, low voltage system, and emergency generator system designs and documentation in AutoCad/Revit.
• Perform electrical load calculations and select and size equipment.
• Edit/write electrical system specifications.
• Survey existing buildings and identify electrical systems and components.
• Review submittals of equipment for compliance with the contract documents.
• Observe and report upon electrical construction work in progress.
• Interact with project team members.
• Lead and direct the design and coordination of project electrical systems.
• Serve as project manager as professional experience and growth dictates.
• Train and develop less experienced electrical professionals.
• Work closely with departmental management, other senior professionals and other team members.
• Effectively communicate design options to a diverse group (i.e., architects, developers, owners).
• Complete projects within budget and schedule.
• Knowledge of other disciplines and directs interdisciplinary coordination.
• Detailed knowledge of building codes and industry standards.
• Provide input into standards.
• Degree in Architectural Engineering with electrical emphasis, Architectural Engineering & Construction Management with electrical emphasis, Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.).
• Design experience in high-rise, commercial, residential and institutional projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Hands-on experience with latest versions of AutoCAD and REVIT, MS Office, Outlook, and engineering calculation and performance simulation software.
Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
• Group medical and dental insurance
• Disability income protection
• Employee life insurance
• 401k retirement plan with match
• Holiday pay, vacation pay, personal and illness pay
• Flexible spending programs
Please send Resumes to email@example.com
If you’d like to apply for a position, or would like more information about opportunities within WMA, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.