At WMA Consulting Engineers, our employees come to work with the sense that they are contributing to a better world. With a penchant for detail, an eye on the future, and a dedication to practical and sustainable design, our engineers are here to make a difference. We strive to create a work environment that is challenging, thought-provoking, and fun. If you’re interested in the built environment and how strategic engineering makes a difference in the world, we’d like to hear from you. WMA offers an environment that encourages learning, growth, and experience. Grow with us and see why we are one of the leading engineering firms in the Midwest!
The Mechanical Design Engineer Intern will work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment with other Mechanical Engineers designing building HVAC systems and producing HVAC construction documentation for commercial, residential, mixed-use, and institutional projects. The Mechanical Design Engineer Intern will perform a variety of engineering tasks that provide experience and familiarity with engineering methods, practices and programs. Projects include shell & core, tenant interiors, and build to suit designs for corporate, commercial, retail, mixed-use, residential, hotel, educational, health care, and other facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop ventilation, piping, and equipment designs and documentation in AutoCad/Revit.
• Perform heating and cooling load calculations and size ductwork and piping.
• Develop ability to create system flow diagrams.
• Develop building performance simulations as it relates to the discipline.
• Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail.
• Develop knowledge of building codes and industry standards.
• Develop ability to read plans and specifications.
• Develop ability to edit specifications.
• Survey existing buildings and identify HVAC systems and components.
• Review submittals of equipment for compliance with the contract documents.
• Observe and report upon mechanical construction work in progress.
• Interact with project team members.
• Complete assigned work on time with instruction from other Mechanical Project Engineers and Mechanical Senior Engineers.
• Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with HVAC/Mechanical emphasis.
• No prior experience required.
• Excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
Please send Resumes to email@example.com
If you’d like to apply for a position, or would like more information about opportunities within WMA, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.