At WMA Consulting Engineers, our employees come to work with the sense that they are contributing to a better world. With a penchant for detail, an eye on the future, and a dedication to practical and sustainable design, our engineers are here to make a difference. We strive to create a work environment that is challenging, thought-provoking, and fun. If you’re interested in the built environment and how strategic engineering makes a difference in the world, we’d like to hear from you. WMA offers an environment that encourages learning, growth, and experience. Grow with us and see why we are one of the leading engineering firms in the Midwest!
The Electrical Design Engineer Intern will work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment with other Electrical Engineers designing building electrical systems and producing electrical construction documentation for commercial, residential, mixed-use, and institutional projects. The Electrical Design Engineer Intern will perform a variety of engineering tasks that provide experience and familiarity with engineering methods, practices and programs. Projects include shell & core, tenant interiors, and build to suit designs for corporate, commercial, retail, mixed-use, residential, hotel, educational, health care, and other facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop electrical distribution system, fire alarm system, low voltage system, and emergency generator system designs and documentation in AutoCad/Revit.
• Perform electrical load calculations and select and size equipment.
• Develop ability to create electrical distribution system diagrams.
• Develop building performance simulations as it relates to the discipline.
• Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail.
• Develop knowledge of building codes and industry standards.
• Develop ability to read plans and specifications.
• Develop ability to edit specifications.
• Survey existing buildings and identify electrical systems and components.
• Review submittals of equipment for compliance with the contract documents.
• Observe and report upon electrical construction work in progress.
• Interact with project team members.
• Complete assigned work on time with instruction from other Electrical Project Engineers and Electrical Senior Engineers.
• Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Electrical emphasis.
• No prior experience required.
• Excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to operate AutoCad and Revit™ BIM software.
• Efficient in MS Office, Outlook, engineering calculation and performance simulation software.
Please send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to apply for a position, or would like more information about opportunities within WMA, please email us at email@example.com.